1. Why Annamalai University?
Annamalai University was founded in the year 1929 and it has grown in to a Premier, unitary residential institution of Higher education and research. It has the glorious history of offering various programs more than 80 years.
2. Where is Annamalai University located?
It is located in Chidambaram in Tamilnadu – One of the southern states of India.
3. When did the Directorate of Distance Education start in Annamalai University?
In 1979 . More than 300,000 (Three hundred Thousand) students.
4. How many programmes are offered by the Annamalai University?
Annamalai University offer 525 (Five hundred and twenty Five) different Programmes under the Distance Learning.
5. What is the recognition and approval of Annamalai university Distance learning Programmes?
All the Distance Learning programmes of Annamalai Unvieristy have the approval of the Distance Education Council , New Delhi. The B.Ed Programme has the approval of NCTE ( National Council for Teacher Education ) and the NAAC ( National Assessment and Accreditation Council ) the Govt. agency who give accreditation to the universities and higher education institutes has accredited Annamalai Unviersity.
6. Can we attest the certificate of Annamalai university by the Govt. India and the Embassy of OMAN ?
Yes, all the certificates issued by Annamalai university can be attested and can be utized for higher studies, visa processing and migration.
7. How the Annamalai University’s overseas programmes are operated?
All the the overseas programmes of Annamalai University are coordinated by HMH Int’l Educational consultancy – Singapore. It has centres in various countries ke Singapore ,France , Qatar, Oman , Mauritius etc.
8. What is the status of Muscat Higher Education Centre in the operation of Distance Learning ?
Muscat Higher Education centre for Distance Learning is a part of Al Mihad Education Group which was estabshed in 1997 in Dubai and has been offering various programs in Distance learning , Management and Accounting programs in association with the leading universities and professional bodies in India UK and USA. Muscat Higher Education Centre is fully accredited byAnnamalai University to take registration, and offer courses and conduct examinations in the UAE. Muscat Higher Education centre is the first Distacne Learning centre in RAK Free Zone with license No. 6001859.
9. What is the mode of operation of Muscat Higher Education Centre ?
Muscat Higher Education centre basically offers Distance Learning with classes wherever necessary as per the requirements. From taking admission till getting the final Certificate all the services will be done by the centre.
10 . Do the students need to communicate with the university directly for admission examination and getting certificate etc. ?
No, The centre ensures that there is no need of communication by the students during their period of study in Annamalai university through this centre.
11. What type of courses of Annamalai University are offered through this centre ?
There are Graduation , Post Graduation , Professional Programmes, IT programmes , Latreal Entry Programmes, Double Degree Programmes , Open Degree Programs , Job oriented Diploma and P.G Diploma Programmes etc are offered through this centre.
All the programmes offered in India by Annamalai University are not fully offered in overseas.Eg. Science related subjects and some technical courses are not offered in overseas.
There are various Graduation programmes like B.A ,B.com BBA ,B.C.A BSc.IT etc. and P.G Programmes like M.A ,M.Com, M.Sc. courses , professional Programmes like MBA ,B.Ed brary Science ,diploma and P.G Diploma Programmes.
12. What is the Lateral Entry Degree Programme.? / I started the course in another university Can I continue my studies with Annamalai University?
- Students who have passed the First year in any recognized university and has not continued the second year will be admitted to the second year ( conditions apply).
- Students who have passed the Second year in any recognized university and has not continued the third year will be admitted to the Third year ( conditions apply).
- Lateral entry to the second year of the IT related programmes is possible for the three year Diploma holder after 10th Std.
13. What is the Open Degree Programme?
Those who have discontinued studies or who have no basic quafications can join for graduation directly after an entrance test ,provided that they have completed 18 years d .Such people can join for B.A , B.com ,BBA and various IT related programmes.
14. If I started the course in the UAE can I change my centre to other overseas centres ?
Yes , Through the centre change procedure it is possible.
15. Can I change the study centre from UAE to India.?
Yes, For all candidates except B.Ed and who got admission through Open University system – (getting admission through Entrance Examination ) can change the centre to India and continue the course through any one of the centres run by the university or even directly communicating with the Directorate of Distance Education.
16. I am student of Annamalai University in India – Can I write the examination in your centre.?
Normally No. You have to get the centre change permission from the university from India to overseas. Then only you can continue the course here or write the examination here.
17. If I register here and if I am in India during the examination time ,can I write examination in India?
Yes, There is a provision to appear the examination in India for the overseas candidates only through the Chennai and Delhi Centres. This facity can be utized for all candidates including B.Ed and who got admission in Open University System. While applying for the examination you have to inform us and choose the centre in India.
18. Who will conduct the examinations of Annamalai University?
The university examination will be under the supervision of the Chief examiner appointed by the university. All the examination papers , assignments, project reports related to the course etc. will be sent to the university and it will be evaluated by the university.
19. When will be examinations in the UAE ?
The Annamalai University examinations conduct twice in every year in the months of January and July. Normally the examinations commence from 19th of January and July.
20. When will the result publish – and how can we check the results.?
Normally the results of Annamalai university will be published on the website within a maximum period four months after the last examination of each session. Students can check the result themselves with the Register Numbers.
21. When will I get my mark sheets and the final Certificate?
Normally within 45 days after publishing the results the hard copy of the mark sheet will be sent to the centre and can be collected. The provisional Certificate which stands instead of the original certificate showing the course completion, class or grade etc. also will be issued to all candidates who successfully completed the course by clearing all papers. For getting the original certificate the students have to apply for the same and wait until the official convocation which will be normally conducted once in a year.